Our innovative circular economy, known as SID-Solutions, encompasses all of our specialist equipment and reliable support services into one package. This enables us to provide a solution that captures, recovers and recycles harmful waste volatile anaesthetic agents and prevents unnecessary environmental damage.
Our SID-Dock capture system is a Class 1 medical device that is easily installed and integrates simply, seamlessly and universally between the anaesthetic machine and the hospital anaesthetic gas scavenging system (AGSS).
The SID-Dock houses two reusable SID-Cans that safely capture volatile agents from the exhaust of an anaesthetic machine, while maintaining a safe connection to the hospital AGSS and enabling the anaesthetic machine to continue to work in the active AGSS mode, without alteration.
- Conforms to all required safety standards
- Failsafe bypass system to hospital AGSS
- Visual and audible indicators and safety alarms
- Enables high flows, nitrous oxide and oxygen flushing practice
- Automatic shut-off valves (enabling intraoperative SID-Can exchange)
- British Standard AGSS safety hoses
- Tamper-proof power cable connection
- Captures 99.9% of available waste volatile anaesthetic agents
- Houses two reusable canisters
- No consumables required
- Low power consumption
- SID-Insights and data capture
Ease of use
- Integration without adaptation or calibration to the anaesthetic machine or hospital AGSS system
- Compatible with all major anaesthetic machine manufacturers
- No change to clinical practice and safety procedures operating in the active AGSS mode
- Intraoperative SID-Can exchange (‘hot-swap’)
Touchscreen display with SID-Can percentage fill level and AGSS flow indicator
- Low maintenance with self-diagnostics and auto-calibration
- Wall mountable or free standing options with small footprint
Click here to download the brochure
Each SID-Can is weighed before and after agent recovery, enabling us to provide customers with SID-Insights to assist with carbon savings reporting.
Recycled Anaesthetic Agent
The recovered mixed waste is then transported in bulk back to our purification and manufacturing facility in Devon. The mixed waste liquid is then ready to be processed and purified to yield active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for future reuse.
Through collecting and recycling waste volatile agents, we reduce the significant burden associated with virgin drug manufacture and complete our unique circular economy solution.
Our UK field team will install and commission your new equipment onsite in collaboration with your clinical and biomedical engineering teams, to enable easy and immediate use without alteration to existing hospital equipment or infrastructure.
We offer user training to ensure your staff fully understand how to use your SageTech Medical equipment correctly.
Our UK engineers conduct equipment servicing and maintenance to help maximise the usable life of the equipment. We offer customers the choice of either SageTech Medical engineers conducting the annual SID-Dock servicing or completing the service themselves, following the completion of our accredited technical training course for biomedical engineers.
Our SID-Cans are tracked and weighed before and after emptying, giving accurate insights back to our customers. We can provide an annual report detailing the amount of waste volatile anaesthetic captured by your equipment, which can be used to quantify the carbon savings achieved through the adoption of our waste volatile anaesthetic agent capture solution.
Our UK team of experienced engineers are available to answer any outstanding technical questions during our standard opening hours.
Our UK customer service are able to support general enquiries, connect you with a specific department and process and manage your orders.
Request A Carbon Savings Report
To help healthcare organisations understand the impact that our unique solutions can have on reducing the carbon emissions associated with volatile anaesthetic agents, we offer a free bespoke carbon savings report. Request your carbon savings report by completing a short survey here.